[asterisk-ha-clustering] linux high availability

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:16:15 CST 2008

> > It works and is not too difficult to setup.  Don't ask me how though,
> > I did it a few month ago just to see it working, but never implemented
> > it and i don't have it setup any longer.
>
> Seem stable enough?  What cause the cutover?

Ultra Monkey has a process monitor, so if Asterisk fails, it will initiate
the failover and move the floating IP to the standby server and start the
Asterisk process there. I did not have time to setup process monitoring, so
I just killed the Asterisk process and initiated the failover manually.
Others use this setup in production, so I'm guessing stability is fine.  I
would caution not allow the failover to switch back to the master if it
comes up, there could be some issue with the server that could cause
constant repeat failovers.  Failover to the standby once and then
investigate the Master and repair before switching back.  So really this is
a one time failover event and must be monitored.

JR