[asterisk-ha-clustering] Load sharing between two asterisk servers

Allan Cassaro allan.cassaro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 07:48:58 CST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 9:18 AM, Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 11 jan 2008 kl. 13.06 skrev Allan Cassaro:

> > On Jan 10, 2008 5:50 PM, Julian J. M. <julianjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I don't think you can get remote hints working. What should happen
> >> when one extension is registered on several servers (as there is
> >> nothing forbiding that)?
> >>
> >> And Pickup, even if it could work accross servers, isn't that usefull
> >> without hints.
> >>
> >> Julian J. M.
> >
> > Yes, it's possible to make one extension to register on several
> > servers... What happen with this? Well, I think it's not a (really)
> > problem, the phone will ring and the users can talk as usual.
> > I wrote some months ago a little script in python to make "remote
> > hints" (BLF) possible. So, if the extension on any node is
> > ring/ringing/busy/idle, the state of this extension is updated on
> > every node. So, with this I can implement the "presence" on GXP2000 or
> > Snom phones.
> > So, with this script, the Pickup accross servers is very usefull, and
> > necessary. Necessary because I can't know where users are
> > registered...
> >
> > Imagine this:
> >
> > "User A" is registered on "Server A"
> > "User B" is registered on "Server B"
> > The "User A" have BLF configured to get presence of "User B" and
> > vice-versa.
> >
> > So, when phone "B" is ringing, the "User A" know that, but can't
> > pickup the call This is my problem...
>
> Yes, that's a problem with the patches that floats around using the
> devstate
> function. There's no way to trace the server that actually owns the
> state and
> can handle call pickup...

Yes, this is my problem too... It's because of this I need my script.
With it - connected to Asterisk Manager Interface - I can know how
server/extension are ringing/ring/busy/idle. But I have another
problem, the Manager Interface doesn't have an event for the "pickup"
app...
I was thinking in patch the manager interface to catch this event
too... but I'm not the best person to do it... :)
Any help!?

Regards.