[asterisk-ha-clustering] Using OpenSER

Ashutosh ashutosh.kumars at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 01:59:22 CST 2008

Hi all,
My post is more or less about active-active Load-balancing.
  I have been openser dispatcher module to load balance traffic to my N
number of asterisk boxes, and it worked perfectly fine. Its clean and
simple; you enter all your * box ip:port in a text file, and dispatcher
module rotates traffic onto them according to a scheduling algo or
call-stickiness parameter you define.

Also, you can maintain subscription on the OpenSER if you are using realtime
to maintain user registration. That works, since Openser lets you define the
following params for user registration lookup
Mysql_connection_string,user column, user_secret column.

Though had problems intially when it didnt pick the machine last in the list
, but that was resolved.

The only problem you face is that registrations are not maintained at the *
boxes individually, though am looking at it as how can we sync OpenSER
userloc cache onto all * boxes astdb.

Any ideas, anyone ?

Best Regards,
~~Ashutosh