[asterisk-gui] CallerID

Neil Peers n.peers at itisint.com
Wed Jul 14 03:14:21 CDT 2010

Thanks for the replies.
I am in the UK and do have CallerID enabled from the landline supplier
(BT).Our pbx is at Atcom IP04.

Having added these commands to the zapata.conf file

cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=polarity
signalling=fxs_ks

...it looks as though I have to re-install asterisk with asterisk-spandsp.
This will then enable the Atcom box to detect the BT (British Telecom)
method of CLI (which is apparently none standard to Bellcore)

Will removing the existing asterisk installation and re-installing trash all
the setup parameters or are they stored in another file?

Many thanks

Neil

--
Neil Peers