[asterisk-gui] asterisk-gui and gemeinschaft

nick schild silverhawk_184 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:31:52 CDT 2009

hello,
i don't know if this is the right way to post this, but;

i cannot get the asterisk-gui port to activate. (aka page load error, failed to connect)

i am testing out gemeinschaft on virtualbox before i load it to its own server.

gemeinschaft is a spin off of asterisk at home, where it is its own asterisk distribution in one; it installs asterisk in a different folder than a default install, /opt/gemeinschaft/etc/asterisk vs /etc/asterisk and i think this is my problem

****************http.conf****************************
[general]
enabled=yes
enablestatic=yes
bindaddr=0.0.0.0 (i have also tried vbox's ip)
bindport=5038
prefix=asterisk

***************manager.conf****************
[general]
displayname=yes
enabled=yes
webenabled=yes
port=5038
bindaddr=0.0.0.0

[admin]
secret=password
read=system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,originate,read,write
write=system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,originate,read,write

************/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf*********
[directories]
astetcdir    => /opt/gemeinschaft/etc/asterisk
astmoddir   => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
astvarlibdir => /var/lib/asterisk
astdatadir  => /var/lib/asterisk
astadidir    => /var/spool/asterisk
astrundir   => /var/run
astlogdir    => /var/log/asterisk

[options]
execincludes=yes
languageprefix=yes

yes, all the html files are in the correct /var/lib/ folder

i have symbolically linked these 2 files into the /etc/asterisk dir to make "make checkconfig" pass

asterisk.conf
http.conf (symbolic)
manager.conf (symbolic)

i can access the gemeinschaft config page in firefox on the host pc

let me know if you need any more info, thanks in advance

p.s. gemeinschaft is a german release, so be sure to change the languge to english if you wish.