[asterisk-gui] CFU - call forward unconditional

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Sat Jun 6 07:19:28 CDT 2009

Stefan Meier Thunderbyte Computer GmbH wrote:

> hi all.
>
> I have a question regarding CFU (call forward unconditional). what i
> would like to do is to dynamically activate different voicemail from a
> phone.
>
> let me give you an example:
> voicemail user 66:  "hello, im having lunch, brb"
> voicemail user 67:  "hello, i left the office already.. tuff"
> voicemail user 68:  "i am in a meeting, call back later"
>

> so... a user with number 16 could simply dial  *21 68 when hes in a
> meeting and his numbers CFU would be forwarded to extensions 125's
> voicemail box.
>

> i am running asterisk 1.4.22.2. is there any way to configure such a
> feature in the GUI other than editing extensions.conf over the GUIs file
> editor? if not, i'd still be happy for a little assistance, since the
> following code is not working:
>

> in extensions.conf
> *Code:*
>
> exten => _*21X.,n,Set(DB(CFU/${CALLERID(num)})=${EXTEN:3})
> exten => _*21X.,n,Set(DB(CFUC/${CALLERID(num)})=${CONTEXT})
>

> in CLI after calling *21 25 from phone 16
> *Code:*
>
> voipcom10*CLI>
>     -- Executing [*2125 at DLPN_default:5] Set("SIP/16-081c3ac0",
> "DB(CFU/16)=25") in new stack
>     -- Executing [*2125 at DLPN_default:6] Set("SIP/16-081c3ac0",
> "DB(CFUC/16)=DLPN_default") in new stack
>
> voipcom10*CLI> database show
> /CFU/16                                           : 25
> /CFUC/16                                          : DLPN_default
>

> everything seems to be working fine but when i call the number 16 it
> simply keeps ringing (16 is ringing) instead of being redirected to
> number 25 as I would expect from a "call forward unconditional".

Based on the dialplan you've shown there, I don't think you have given enough
information or console output to debug that. You'll get better support for that
kind of thing on the asterisk-users list.

However, what you're trying to do is not possible in the GUI afaik, because the
voicemail application itself doesn't handle that kind of functionality. What
you'd really have to do is keep a separate directory that contains your audio
files, then use the System() dialplan application to basically just copy over
the unavailable and/or busy messages in your inbox when you dial the * code.

Hope that helps,
Leif Madsen.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk
http://www.leifmadsen.com