[asterisk-gui] asterisk-gui and gemeinschaft

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jun 11 10:57:27 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:31:52AM -0400, nick schild wrote:

> hello,
> i don't know if this is the right way to post this, but;
>
> i cannot get the asterisk-gui port to activate. (aka page load error, failed to connect)
>
> i am testing out gemeinschaft on virtualbox before i load it to its own server.
>
> gemeinschaft is a spin off of asterisk at home,

Gemeinschaft is an Asterisk-based PBX software. It can be downloaded and
installed separately. It is *not* based on FreeBPX or
Asterisk at Home/TrixBox (saying that might be considered as an insult by
the fine people at Amooma).

If you use Gemeinschaft (or TrixboxCE, or Elastix, or the FreePBX-based
AsteriskNow), using the asterisk-gui is a bit pointless.

<plug>
OTOH, I'm now working on my live CD. A beta is already available
on-line:
http://updates.xorcom.com/iso/live-1.3.0-beta.iso
</plug>

--