[asterisk-gui] Checking write permission for gui folder

Merciful Release mercifulrelease at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 15:03:51 CST 2009

Hello all,

I am still having this problem and have checked the December archives.  Here are the details...

-I'm using Asterisk 1.6.0.3-rc1 and Asterisk GUI branches 2.0 r4379 (I think...downloaded it yesterday 16/09).
-I'm using Firefox 3.0.5.
-After logging into the GUI, I see the "Check write permissions..." popup window forever.  One the Asterisk CLI, I always get stuck at the "Parsing...misdn.conf...Found" message
-I can write to /var/lib/asterisk/static-http/config.
-extensions.conf has the "asterisk_guitools" context in it (with an "executecommand" extension).
-manager.conf and http.conf are configured per the installation instructions.
-I am attempting to log on with a user (admin:4dm1n123) that has most of the read and write parameters (originate, read, write, user, command, system, etc.).  This user has no deny or permit parameters.
-I'm not sure what to do next.  I can provision from the CLI or downgrade if necessary, but the GUI looks neat and I'd like to try it out.

Thanks and regards,

Anna