[asterisk-gui] How to call custom Macros with Astersk GUI 2.0 ?

Christoph Adomeit Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de
Tue Sep 30 11:49:13 CDT 2008

Hi Brandon,

I did not completely get the picture yet. What I want to call is not
an IVR, it's arbitrary "applications" like maybe a "phrase recording"
menu.

How would you "abuse" the gui to do things like that ? Should I define
"IVR"s for these needs and do custom steps within the IVR definition ?

Are there better/other alternatives in Gui 2.0 ?

Greetings
  Christoph

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 04:21:18PM -0500, bkruse wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> There comes a time in which you have to do things through the GUI for
> convention.
>
> Of course, I think in your situation, if you _have_ to, and not redo the
> macros via some
> IVR in the GUI, then inside your main IVR (or wherever you want to call
> the macro), add
> a 'custom' step, in which you could put the macro(macro-name, args)
> statement.
>
> -Brandon
>
> Christoph Adomeit wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just installed asterisk gui 2.0 and it looks great !
> >
> > Now I want to add my own macros to the dialplan and make the
> > macros useable by the GUI.
> >
> > For example I want to route calls to -4711 to a macro that
> > opens door a and -4712 to open door b. *73 should add the callerid
> > to the astdb and so on. The macros are custom macros I once wrote.
> >
> > I am used to voiceone and there all this can be achieved by calling
> > "applications" and "macros" using incoming rules.
> >
> > Is there something similar in Asterisk GUI 2.0 ?
> > All I can choose for incoming calls is:
> > User Extension, Voice Menu, Operator, Hangup, Congestion and
> > "Local Extension by DID".
> >
> > What is the way of configuring my demands with Asterisk GUI 2.0 ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >   Christoph

Christoph Adomeit
GATWORKS GmbH
Reststrauch 191
41199 Moenchengladbach
Sitz: Moenchengladbach
Amtsgericht Moenchengladbach, HRB 6303
Geschaeftsfuehrer:
Christoph Adomeit, Hans Wilhelm Terstappen

Christoph.Adomeit at gatworks.de     Internetloesungen vom Feinsten
Fon. +49 2166 9149-32                      Fax. +49 2166 9149-10