[asterisk-gui] "Checking write permission for gui folder"

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 14:19:00 CST 2008

Hi -

> I just want to put this out there for future reference. This error was
> not actually caused by the write permissions, but actually the next
> check that the GUI performs, which is the zaptel interface checking.
> Since I am using a OpenVZ environment, I did not have the zaptel
> kernel module available. To resolve the issue, I downgraded to
> Asterisk 1.4 and installed Zaptel on the OpenVZ host. The GUI now
> works.

When bugs.digium.com is back up I'll file a bug about this.  I
actually meant to a while back, but the holidays interrupted me.  This
happens all the time with 1.6.0.3-rc1 and it looks like any version of
dahdi.  This leads me to believe the problem has something to do with
parsing the dahdi configuration files, but I'm just guessing on that.

In the mean time, does anybody more knowledgeable with the code have
any idea where I can start to debug this?  I've been putting
breakpoints around in the js and html, but haven't come across
anything useful yet.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Noah