[asterisk-gui] "Checking write permission for gui folder"

David Kerr David at kerr.net
Wed Dec 24 15:01:22 CST 2008

The Asterisk GUI is trying to establish that it has write permissions to its
home directory (usually /var/lib/asterisk/static-http/config) It does this
by attempting to execute a "echo" command that writes a random number into
sysinfo_output.html which the GUI then attempts to read. If the echo command
fails to write to the file, then the GUI assumes that it does not have write
permission and displays the message you are seeing.
So, first thing to do is see whether you can write to that directory, logon
and cd to it, and check.

Also, the GUI uses the Asterisk Management Interface to request the echo
command is run. Check that it is setup correctly (manager.conf) with a
userid and password that the GUI can use (can't remember off the top of my
head exactly what this should look like). And that extensions.conf has the
"asterisk_guitools" context in it (with an "executecommand" extension)

Good luck,
David