[asterisk-gui] "Checking write permission for gui folder"

Adam Stradtner adam.stradtner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 10:01:22 CST 2008

Asterisk is running as root, so it has write access everywhere. The
extensions.conf file has the asterisk_guitools context, with the
executecommand extension. My manager.conf file has a user, and that
user has read and write access to all of the options.

It is still stuck at the "Checking write permission for gui folder"

I think this may be related to running Asterisk on OpenVZ. Is there a
kernel module that is needed? I am trying to use Asterisk 1.6.