[asterisk-gui] "Checking write permission for gui folder"

Adam Stradtner adam.stradtner at valpo.edu
Wed Dec 24 11:57:29 CST 2008

Hi, This is my first post, and this problem really has me stumped.

I have installed the SVN version 4390, and when I try to login, the script
gets stuck at the "Checking write permission for gui folder".

I have looked at it through firebig, and it looks like the problem is that
it is looking for a file called sysinfo_output1487.html, which doesn't exist

14msjquery.js (line 2825)GET
http://172.31.169.9/asterisk/static/config/sysinfo_output1487.html?r=7881
http://172.31.169.9/asterisk/static/config/sysinfo_output1487.html?r=7881
404
I'm not sure if it's related, but the tar.gz version of 2.0.4 gui always
showed "Not Found" under the Uptime section.

Any idea what to do about this?

Thanks!
Adam