[asterisk-gui] Asterisk Appliance 50 "After Hours Feature"

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:34:15 CDT 2007

Randy,

I haven't seen a phone that has a "night service button".  Our old
Norstar system had a function to put the system into night service.
On systems that I have moved to asterisk I've replaced this feature
two different ways.  I haven't done this on the appliance before
(never used the GUI before), but I believe there is a IVR setup menu
on the GUI that will allow you to put this in.

1)

Use a GoToIfTime application in the dial plan.  This will check the
time of day, if the current time falls into that range, it will go to
the specified extension.  This will send all calls to the operator
context if the time is 7:30 - 4 on Mon - Fri. Else go to the
nightmessage context.

[my-incoming-pri]
; Main Number 555-1212
; Check the time of day.  If it is between 7:30 and 4 on a weekday
; then go to the us-mainnumber context, else go to the backdoor.
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,GoToIfTime(7:30-16:00|mon-fri|*|*?operator,s,1)
exten => s,3,GoTo(nightmessage,s,1)

[operator]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/6000)

[nightmessage]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Playback(if-emergency-dial-911-message)

2)

The other way is to have a extension that your phones can forward
to.  Somewhere in the context that your phones register to have
something like:

exten => 1000,1,GoTo(nightmessage,s,1)

So when the call comes in to the phone it will forward the call to
the nightmessage context.  This method also seems to work best if you
have multiple phones answering the same line (either through a queue
or dial).

Forrest Beck
jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
www.shift8.biz