[asterisk-gui] Configuring a PRI, Provider

Andrew Latham lathama at lathama.com
Tue Jul 10 08:01:27 CDT 2007

I am setting up the GUI for testing on a PRI.  I want to slide the
channels from the PRI into the GUI and also the channels for a Rhino
Channel bank in to the GUI.  I know that this is a hot topic and I
have a question.

Could a ZAP provider be created?  I assume from looking at
providers.conf that this is currently not possible but I think that
this would be an easy way of adding a typical PRI to satisfy a good
deal of the PRI needs and the channel bank would be cake.

This is just a wild idea so shoot it down or talk about it......

[PRI]
providername = Ma Bell
providerlogo = images/mabell.jpg
protocol = zap
providerdesc = A standard ISDN PRI.  23 B-Channels, 1 D-Channel
hasiax =  no
hassip = no
haszap = yes
registeriax = no
registersip = no
signalling=pri_cpe
channel = 1-23
d-channel = 24

[ChannelBank]
providername = Rhino
providerlogo = images/rhinocb.jpg
protocol = zap
providerdesc = A standard Channel bank, 24 FXS
hasiax =  no
hassip = no
haszap = yes
registeriax = no