[asterisk-gui] Unable to set Extension for Voicemail: Solved!!!

Pep Talens pep.talens at f1-connecting.com
Fri Jul 6 06:41:09 CDT 2007

Hi everyone again,

  I'm pretty much grateful for your consideration. Thank you all.

Yesterday I send a pair of doubts. Brandon, very kindly, solved the one that
towards reference to a wrong correspondence between svn version awaited and
obtained.

The other one has not been solved to me until few minutes ago. The fact was
that I couldn't configure out voicemail in Asterisk Gui. Remember I had
running Asterisk 1.4.5 and its GUI revision 1124$, compiled separately. When
I tried to set an extension  for checking voicemail in the GUI, from
Voicemail tab, it added a 'New Entry' in the list of users but without number
of extension. I tried to configure it from the Setup Wizard too but with no
results. Same thing with conferencing bridges. And the sense of the gui is
not to do it by modifying voicemail.conf. But this did not even work. It was
quite annoying. I tried different revisions of the gui but problems were the
same. I looked for solutions in forums, and despite I founded the problem,
never the solution. As the gui is in constant evolution, the documentation is
very scanty (thanks to Anil Madikonda:
www.madikonda.com/downloads/asterisknow.pdf).

SOLUTION:
Yesterday after posting I decided to uninstall 1.4.5 and upgrade to 1.4.6.
After that I have installed the gui revision 1223. I just tried it and it
seems that works fine. I have set Voicemail and I am anxious for trying it.
Tell you more.

Thanks.