[asterisk-gui] Unable to set Extension for Voicemail: Solved!!!

bkruse bkruse at digium.com
Fri Jul 6 16:26:53 CDT 2007

Awesome!

Glad to see everything works!

I know there IS one bug that I will have to get around to looking
into (and you can make a bug report on bugs.digium.com if you'd like)

But it has to do with callerid and voicemail (as richard(bsd_tech))
brought up.

If the gui writes an extension, say 7000, for users to call with
their voicemail, the gui writes
exten => 7000,1,Voicemail(${CALLERID(num)}) which should
go to the voicemail box of your phone, but what if you change
the callerid of the user? and its no longer 6000, 6001, its a local
number such as 256-555-7000 or something, then you can no
longer check this.

To combat this for a temporary solution, as russell mentioned, just
change that line with the file editor in the gui, or by hand with a text
editor, and change exten => 7000,1,Voicemail(${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 7000,1,Voicemailmain()

Then the user that calls 7000 will be prompted to enter their
extension along with vmsecret, or voice mail password (all digits)

YaY!

This should be the default behavior, my apologies.

Voicemail is still as Mark originally wrote it, with pari fixing bugs, but
it does need some loving to really bring out the wide capabilities
of all its features.

Hope this helps!

-brandon