[asterisk-gui] Questions & Comments

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Wed Dec 13 06:33:33 MST 2006

> Creating Queues
>
> This feature only allows you to add 'agents' to a queue. In my previous asterisk installation, i
> also had fixed SIP extensions as part of my queues. Is this on the list of things to be done?

I'm working on a tab labeled "Hunt Groups" which does exactly what
you're asking for.  Instead of using the Agent channel, it simply
assigns devices as queue members.

I have one concern with this: since a user can have both a SIP and an
IAX device, we run the risk of calling the wrong device.  The most
logical solution would be to use the local channel to simply call
their extension (which will ring both devices).

> [SNIP]
>
> Calling Rules
>
> There appears to be no way to edit existing calling rules.
> I dont see anywhere in extensions.conf where the patterns are stored? Is this feature still under
> development?

In order to add a new pattern you must go to the Advanced tab, check
the check box, then create the new calling rule.  Once you've done
that you can create and append calling patterns to the rule.

Thanks,

Steve

--
Steven Sokol