[asterisk-embedded] Failed to compile Asterisk on ARM

Ori Idan ori at helicontech.co.il
Thu Mar 13 14:06:35 CDT 2008

I posted this as a question to this list few weeks ago.
Today I tried again with no success.
I opened a bug on this (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12203)
This bug was closed saying this is a build system issue. What does it mean
build system and why the fact that Asterisk does not cross compile for ARM
is not a bug?

If someone did compile Asterisk 1.4.18 for ARM I would be happy to know what
have I done wrong.

I have tried the following:
set CC environment variable to my cross compiler.
run ./configure --host=i686 --build=arm-linux-gnu

I got an error regarding termcap not installed (termcap is installed and
Asterisk does compile if I don't cross compile it).

I have tried also to run ./configure --host=i686 --build=arm-linux-gnu
without the CC environment variable set and later edit makeopts to set the
path to my cross compiler.
I then got an error compiling file smsq.c

What have I done wrong and how to cross compile Asterisk for ARM?

--
Ori Idan