[asterisk-embedded] Compiling Asterisk for ARM

Ori Idan ori at helicontech.co.il
Tue Mar 18 02:43:31 CDT 2008

I am still struggling with the same problem.
For me it seems a bug in Asterisk  although a bug  I opened on this subject
was closed saying it is a configuration problem.

I tried changing the makeopts file to my cross compiler and then run make.
I got few errors in modules that I will not use anyway so I disabled them
and run make again.
I did get to the final link stage or at list what I think is the final link
stage and again got error with termcap.
I thought that termcap is needed only for menuselect, so why does it appear
in the final linking stage?

Did anyone compile for ARM?
If so, how can it be done?
Or can asterisk be compiled for an embedded system that does not have
termcap?

--
Ori Idan