[asterisk-embedded] AADK discussion

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 11:31:15 MST 2007

On 08/01/07, Jason Parker <jparker at digium.com> wrote:
> This would absolutely be an appropriate forum for the AADK.  As far as I know, anybody who bought an AADK has support from Digium, so those questions would likely go through them, but for general stuff, please do ask here.  I'm sure there are quite a few people who monitor this list, who would be quite happy to help others out with things.  That's why this list exists. :)

Hi Jason,

We do have support, and you guys have been answering me.

Actually it brings up an interesting question as to how much AADK is a
commercial product where we deal with Digium as a supplier - "Digium:
x doesn't work, please fix!" and how much its a community project.

If its a community project, can we post bugs and patches on bugs.digium.com?

Obviously if the changes are in Asterisk or the GUI then the answer is
yes.  (Hey: why are some bugs in the tracker for the GUI locked?)

But if its issues with the ucLinux environment or the integration then
its not so obvious.  You have your own svn tree and I'm not sure how
that is synced back to the uCLinux guys.

My first order of business is simply to tweak the standard image to be
more suitable for South Africa.    We'll see after that.

Regards,
Steve