[asterisk-embedded] AADK discussion

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Mon Jan 8 11:55:16 MST 2007

These are some very good questions.  I'll answer them inline.  These are as I understand them - hopefully they're correct.

----- Stephen Davies <stephen.l.davies at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> We do have support, and you guys have been answering me.

I'm glad to hear that.  I've seen some of the tickets, but not too many.  I've been somewhat out of touch in that regard, but when there is a real issue, it's generally sent to me to fix.

> Actually it brings up an interesting question as to how much AADK is
> commercial product where we deal with Digium as a supplier - "Digium:
> x doesn't work, please fix!" and how much its a community project.
>
> If its a community project, can we post bugs and patches on
> bugs.digium.com?

Bugs, no, patches...probably.

> Obviously if the changes are in Asterisk or the GUI then the answer
> is
> yes.  (Hey: why are some bugs in the tracker for the GUI locked?)

Correct, if the patches are for Asterisk or the GUI, then the answer is definitely yes.
(I don't know, honestly..  Somebody working with Digium created those bugs, and they're not priority, so we've just kinda left them)

> But if its issues with the ucLinux environment or the integration
> then
> its not so obvious.  You have your own svn tree and I'm not sure how
> that is synced back to the uCLinux guys.

Occasionally, we update the tree from the blackfin uClinux repositories.  We haven't done this in some time, but we will do so eventually.  As far as how often they sync upstream, I do not know.

--
Jason Parker
Digium