[asterisk-doc] PHP.net-style Asterisk Documentation

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Mon Apr 27 10:27:51 CDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 10:09 -0500, James Hunt wrote:
> I did some looking in trunk, and I did find the XML itself.  This actually ties
> into the PHP.net-style asterisk docs site -- I think we can extract the XML
> and use it to create a web node for each application / function / etc., and
> then slap a commenting engine on top of it.

That's the goal... but after spending way too much time looking at the
php.net code, I think we'll end up building some other app rather than
using their code.

The first item of business, however, is to make sure that each and every
application is converted over to the new format, and to clean up the
documentation along the way.  From there it should be pretty simple to
create web output.

(I've even got a simple XSL transform for creating HTML output from the
AstXML documentation... once I have a few more bugs worked out of it,
I'll post it for all to see.)

-Jared