[asterisk-doc] I am new to asterisk..Please help me..

Hameed, Mian F mian.hameed at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Jul 13 11:34:24 MST 2006

Resnick wrote:
>It is a fact that there is a steep learning curve and no one can give
you >free lessons.

You have missed the point. This is not about me asking for a free
lesson. Mind you, all the documentation that is out there is a free
lesson. The doc that I am proposing will not help me, I am beyond that.
No harm in helping those newbies who can't make it, is there?  If you
have not taught school, you would not understand my gesture. It would be
a joy if asterisk's learning curve was the same as Windows. We would not
be having this conversation.

Beckman Wrote:
>Since Asterisk can do sooo many things, I think it might make more
sense
 > to build a dialplan respository where people can post working
dialplans
 >and other configs as an example.  That's not so much a documentation
 >issue.

I like your constructive attitude and feedback. I see this could be an
intermediary to an expert level effort. I may incorporate one of those
dial plans in the lab that I am proposing. I am interested in making a
simple lab. Since we are not expecting a payment, any effort should be
welcomed (:-

Mian