[Asterisk-doc] Legacy/carrier interface docs

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Tue Feb 22 07:01:57 CST 2005

asterisk-doc-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Greetings doc-team,
>
> Is there any plan for including a volume on interfacing to
> carriers and
> non-VOIP devices? I would be interested in contributing to
> the effort on
> such things as signaling interfaces, setting levels on trunks (how do
> you know when txgain and rxgain are right?), interface to legacy
> switches, etc.

David,

This sounds like a fantastic idea!

Leif has made some suggestions with which I wholeheartedly concur. In
addition, I would recommend that you define an audience and goal for
your book. These are not to be carved in stone, and can be changed as
the book evolves, but we have found those two things to be essential in
order to keep focus and avoid scope creep.

Welcome to The Asterisk Documentation Project.

--
Jim Van Meggelen
jim at vanmeggelen.ca