[Asterisk-doc] Minutes of the first "conferece call"

Leif Madsen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Fri, 21 May 2004 10:51:01 -0400

Digium have written a short paper on how to use Asterisk, however it has
become stale and is basically no longer written.  They are too busy
concentrating on the actual coding of Asterisk.  We started this project in
order to generate documentation for a project which had none.  The wiki has
become an invaluable source of information since the inception of the book,
although I prefer the format of a book over the format of a Wiki (personal
preference).

Mark Spencer would be MORE THAN WELCOME to write documentation, however, he
is already quite busy with coding.  Also, most programmers either suck at,
or hate, writing docs, so I'm pretty sure it's not them who write it :)

The purpose of this project IS to write better documentation.  However we
are writing it in a book format.  A long term goal of the project is to
eventually have it published, but that is a long time away :)

Thanks,
blitzrage