[Asterisk-doc] channel drivers vs configuration files

Martin List-Petersen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:18:51 +0100

Citat William Suffill <dedd@comcast.net>:

> Not sure what's best for chapter 3 given that nature I don't think there
> is any real right way. We just have to as a project decide how we will
> handle this and other issues in the book such as hardware phones and
> termination. We don't want a novel but we want to be a valuable resource
> none the less

I do agree. With the concept like it is now i fear that the channel driver
descriptions will be scattered all over the book. Beyond that every configfile
belongs to one (or more) channel drivers, so i feel that it would make more
sense that way.

Take the mentioned appendix H.2. right now, which actually is meant to be about
ISDN cards. At the moment it describes the basics and features of the isdn
related channel drivers, but actually it should be more about the hardware (ISDN
Cards) itself and minorly mention, what channel driver is usable and suitable
for them. (Not that i want to list all ISDN cards available on the marked
there).

/Martin
--
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
		-- Lily Tomlin