[Asterisk-doc] capi-application reference

Olle E. Johansson asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:05:43 +0100

Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
> Hi!
>

>>>I would suggest that channel specific CLI commands and applications are documented
>>>for each channel.
>>
>>Sounds good.  If I don't hear any more opinions, I'll make an appendix
>>called "Channel Specific CLI Commands" and one called "Channel Specific
>>Applications", and they we'll have a good place to put this stuff.
>

> I am not 100% sure this is a good idea - as a result info about
> applications will be scattered all over the place, making them hard to
> find. This would e.g. also apply to ZapBarge, IsChanAvailable etc.
> And then how do you treat cases for applications that are applicable to,
> say, 3 channels and not just 1, do you repeat this everywhere then (not
> sure if I can find a real-world example for this, though)?
>
> Really, I don't know which way to go here, hard to decide...
That's why I like the Wiki, we can easily cross-reference :-)

To turn around, I agree with Philipp. But I would propose not mixing the
CAPI commands and other non-asterisk.org channels with what's included in
the "official release".

I think it is important to cover what works where. If an application only
works in three channels, write that down.

/O