[Asterisk-doc] capi-application reference

Philipp von Klitzing asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:00:09 +0100

Hi!

> > I would suggest that channel specific CLI commands and applications are documented
> > for each channel.
>
> Sounds good.  If I don't hear any more opinions, I'll make an appendix
> called "Channel Specific CLI Commands" and one called "Channel Specific
> Applications", and they we'll have a good place to put this stuff.

I am not 100% sure this is a good idea - as a result info about
applications will be scattered all over the place, making them hard to
find. This would e.g. also apply to ZapBarge, IsChanAvailable etc.
And then how do you treat cases for applications that are applicable to,
say, 3 channels and not just 1, do you repeat this everywhere then (not
sure if I can find a real-world example for this, though)?

Really, I don't know which way to go here, hard to decide...

Philipp