[Asterisk-doc] capi-application reference

Jared Smith asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:15:20 -0700

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 10:05, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> That's why I like the Wiki, we can easily cross-reference :-)

We can and will be adding cross-references to the book, but you are
absolutely right... it's easier to do with the Wiki.

> To turn around, I agree with Philipp. But I would propose not mixing the
> CAPI commands and other non-asterisk.org channels with what's included in
> the "official release".
>
> I think it is important to cover what works where. If an application only
> works in three channels, write that down.

Yes, we should be absolutely clear that these applications only work on
certain channels... Here's another idea... what if we put these
channel-specific applications in a section at the end of that Appendix
called "Channel Specific Applications", and then put a cross-reference
in the main list of applications, so that people can still find them
alphabetically...  Does this strike the right balance between ease of
reference and making it clear that they are channel-specific?

Jared