[Asterisk-doc] Updating my time situation, please read!

Leif Madsen asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:02:40 -0500

Hey guys,

So, my plan of having MORE time when I was at school to work on docs has
pretty much gone down the tubes with all the work I've been assigned
even in the first week!  What I figure is that I will wake up earlier on
Tuesday and Friday mornings (since this is "officially" my day off from
classes, but these are basically unofficial lab days) and work on some
documentation, submit it to CVS after testing, and hope that someone
will review it and make any changes or add comments to it so that I can
fix it the following day.

My initial game plan is to go chapter by chapter and start filling out
as much information as I know, or can at least research.  I am by no
stretch of the imagination an Asterisk god... I simply am a home
hobbyist who knows some of the quirks, and how to get a simple system
setup.  On that note, just review what I submit as I submit it (since it
won't be all that frequent, a couple times a week).  Don't worry, I
won't be offended if you tell me I'm a fscking idiot :)

If there are housekeeping things you want done, feel free to post them
to the list with "blitzrage: Please do this" or something to that
affect.  I really don't mind doing housekeeping stuff at all in docbook,
as I would rather leave the actual writing to someone more knowledgeable
than myself.  I would rather see myself in an editor light than in an
author light, but I will try (I already know I need to go through and
re-write my NAT section since patch #104 has now been introduced into
CVS for example).  Again, feel free to give me the dirty work no one
really wants to do :)

So again, assign me stuff for the week, and I will place it in my
timetable and attempt to work on it every Tuesday and Friday morning
before I go to the school.

Thanks in advance,
--
Leif Madsen <leif@hacklocalhost.com>