[Asterisk-doc] Updating my time situation, please read!

Jared Smith asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:15:09 -0700

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 07:02, Leif Madsen wrote:
> My initial game plan is to go chapter by chapter and start filling out
> as much information as I know, or can at least research.  I am by no
> stretch of the imagination an Asterisk god... I simply am a home
> hobbyist who knows some of the quirks, and how to get a simple system
> setup.  On that note, just review what I submit as I submit it (since it
> won't be all that frequent, a couple times a week).  Don't worry, I
> won't be offended if you tell me I'm a fscking idiot :)
>
> If there are housekeeping things you want done, feel free to post them
> to the list with "blitzrage: Please do this" or something to that
> affect.  I really don't mind doing housekeeping stuff at all in docbook,
> as I would rather leave the actual writing to someone more knowledgeable
> than myself.  I would rather see myself in an editor light than in an
> author light, but I will try (I already know I need to go through and
> re-write my NAT section since patch #104 has now been introduced into
> CVS for example).  Again, feel free to give me the dirty work no one
> really wants to do :)

Just so everyone knows, I'm working on the extensions.conf chapter,
taking what Steve Critchfield wrote and mangling it...  I'm trying to
make it so that the examples start out *VERY VERY* simple, and each
example builds on the last one to teach a new concept.  (Where I can,
I'm just copying and pasting the writing that Steve did, because it's
pretty good writing, and there's no sense in rewriting it!)

I hope to have something preliminary to post to the mailing list
sometime today or tomorrow... Then I expect you guys to rip it to shreds
and tell me all the places I messed up. :-)

Jared