[Asterisk-doc] Just a friendly hello - also: LATEX or DocBook?!

Maik Schmitt asterisk-doc@admininside.org
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:02:15 +0100

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

> I would also like a vote on whether to use LATEX or DocBook

I know how to use Latex and I don't want to learn DocBook.

> Now, the thing I have a problem with LATEX is that it seems very
> Linux'y, and DocBook seems to be less platform dependent.  Comments?

Well you have to get used to it. But it's IMO not that
difficult. IMO Latex is easier to read than DocBook because there
are less tags. In Latex you don't have to use closing tags for
chapters for example. IMO it's obvious that when there is a
\section-tag the old section ends here. In DocBook you would have to
say that explicitly.

Another thing is, that Latex is AFAIK more powerfull than
DocBook. DocBook files are converted to Latex before ps or pdf files
are created. Of course that's not a problem for us cause I don't think
we will reach the limits of DocBook. :)

I don't want to say that Latex is always better than DocBook. I only
like Latex better.

--=20
Maik Schmitt        http://graphics.cs.uni-sb.de/VoIP

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L