[Asterisk-doc] Just a friendly hello - also: LATEX or DocBook?!

Leif Madsen leif@hacklocalhost.com
28 Nov 2003 14:08:55 -0500

Figured I better get myself subscribed to this list.  Not sure who all
is out there, but hi!

I'm hoping to work on some docs this weekend.  During the week isn't
very good for me as I like to be able to sit down and work on it for a
few hours.  Should have a chance on Saturday or Sunday sometime to try
and get the documentation all caught up to where it should be.

I would also like a vote on whether to use LATEX or DocBook

Right now we have working copies in DocBook and LATEX.  rajo from
#asterisk-doc nicely converted the DocBook to LATEX to give me an idea
of how it works.

I know jsmith spent a bunch of time on DocBook, but since its the
beginning of the project, now would be a good time to decide on a
format.

Now, the thing I have a problem with LATEX is that it seems very
Linux'y, and DocBook seems to be less platform dependent.  Comments?

--
Leif Madsen <leif@hacklocalhost.com>
http://www.hacklocalhost.com