[Asterisk-doc] Suggestion: Weekly asterisk-doc conference - please read

Jared Smith asterisk-doc@lists.digium.com
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:52:02 -0700

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 01:03, Leif Madsen wrote:
> I think it might be a good idea to designate a night that we have a
> weekly asterisk-doc conference where we share what we are working on,
> what we have done over the week, and what challenges we face in the
> upcoming weeks.  I feel this will give some focus to the documentation
> project and keep us moving forward, rather than getting in a stall and
> running around in circles with little organization.

Great idea... now that we're starting to get a "critical mass" of people
involved in the project, I think communication will certainly be of key
concern.

> For the first conference, I am going to write out some topics of concern
> (perhaps too strong of a word) which I feel need to be addressed just so
> that everyone is on the same page.  Of particular importance is how the
> documentation project and the wiki project are going to work hand in
> hand.  If everyone is on the same level, then I feel things will be much
> smoother.  I think we can all agree that the doc project and the wiki
> project are NOT attempting to compete against each other, rather we are
> both working towards the same goal; to document Asterisk.

Definitely... what would really be cool is to document what we discuss
in the conference, so that people who can't make it still know what's
going on.  Let's try to either have someone take notes and post them to
the mailing list, or post the notes to the website.  (Greg?)

[snip]

> I will attempt to get some thoughts organized this week, and perhaps
> schedule something for next Sunday night ?  We'll have to see what night
> everyone is mostly available, but I would imagine Sunday night might be
> our best bet.. ?

Sunday night will be bad for me as well, unless I somehow get high-speed
internet access in my truck for Christmas :-)  I'll be somewhere on the
road in the backwoods of Wyoming...

> I welcome ALL suggestions and criticism's!

Don't worry... you know I'll tell you what I think!

Jared