[asterisk-dev] chan_sip deprecation

Michal Rybarik michal at rybarik.sk
Sat Oct 29 11:40:13 CDT 2022

Hello all,

chan_sip has been deprecated in Asterisk 17 and there is a plan to
remove it in 21 (expected next year).
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-29567

However, we still have many things depending on chan_sip, and its
replacing with chan_pjsip needs significant amount of work and testing,
depending on other parties too. I'm thinking how to continue using
chan_sip in the next years, while keep using latest asterisk source
(master branch).

Would it be possible to postpone the removal from Asterisk by several
versions?

Or to move chan_sip to a separate repository and let it exist there -
like libpri, libss7, dahdi, etc?

Thank you in advance.

--
Regards,