[asterisk-dev] Methodologies for validating dialplan

asterisk at phreaknet.org asterisk at phreaknet.org
Tue Jan 4 16:21:48 CST 2022

That's a really fair point - maybe another potential source of improvement?

I do use AMI for some things, but I have no use for the "Newexten" and
"Varset" AMI events (if I run my "amidump.php" script, I'll see hundreds
of these constantly even for a single call).

In addition, it makes using core set debug >= 3 a real pain, because
then every complete AMI event is dumped, the result of which is that 90%
of the debug suddenly becomes an AMI dump of new exten and new vars.

Adding an option to disable generating those events could probably help
with that, and regardless of the performance benefit, would make dealing
with debug and AMI a lot easier. I wonder if disabling snapshots would
also help.

Can you think of other things about dialplan which hurt performance
would could be similarly addressed?