[asterisk-dev] Methodologies for validating dialplan

Nikša Baldun it at voxdiversa.hr
Tue Jan 4 16:13:13 CST 2022

Yeah, sorry, it's just that the experience is fresh in my mind, and I
wanted to help anyone avoid the pain I've been through. Whatever
anyone's preference is, I don't think difference in performance can be
disputed. It's not really C vs Python, it's dialplan interpreter vs
Python. Asterisk generates costly and unavoidable newexten event for
every executed line in dialplan. If there is a lot of them, which
obviously there will be in a large dialplan, performance suffers greatly.