[asterisk-dev] Methodologies for validating dialplan

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Jan 4 16:49:46 CST 2022

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 6:22 PM <asterisk at phreaknet.org> wrote:

> That's a really fair point - maybe another potential source of improvement?
>
> I do use AMI for some things, but I have no use for the "Newexten" and
> "Varset" AMI events (if I run my "amidump.php" script, I'll see hundreds
> of these constantly even for a single call).
>
> In addition, it makes using core set debug >= 3 a real pain, because
> then every complete AMI event is dumped, the result of which is that 90%
> of the debug suddenly becomes an AMI dump of new exten and new vars.

Stasis events can be disabled in stasis.conf, I don't know the
ramifications of disabling new exten but varset is fine. Generating the
stasis events is what can be expensive. AMI less so, and AMI itself has
functionality for filtering events you don't want.

> Adding an option to disable generating those events could probably help
> with that, and regardless of the performance benefit, would make dealing
> with debug and AMI a lot easier. I wonder if disabling snapshots would
> also help.

Fair warning - things internally depend on snapshots. Disabling them
outright will likely break things.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead