[asterisk-dev] Methodologies for validating dialplan

asterisk at phreaknet.org asterisk at phreaknet.org
Tue Jan 4 15:15:38 CST 2022

Thanks for the advice - however, I personally like the dialplan and
don't intend to stop using it. The dialplan/AGI/AEL/Lua (and now ARI)
"config war" goes back a long time now, and I don't think it'll ever get
resolved. That said, the vast majority of people *do* use
extensions.conf dialplan, and I like it fine as a general approach.
That's just my opinion, though.

There *are* obvious limitations to the dialplan, which is what this
helps to address - not to make the workflow perfect, but better. I'm not
sure using AGI would really get around the underlying problem here...
and C performs a lot better than Python does.