[asterisk-dev] Methodologies for validating dialplan

Nikša Baldun it at voxdiversa.hr
Tue Jan 4 15:01:04 CST 2022

Hi,

I apologize for not commenting on the actual issue. However, after
having the experience of writing a complex dialplan, I feel strongly
compelled to say that it shouldn't be done at all. Any non-trivial call
flow should be written in Fast AGI. I can't see any upside of using
extensions.conf or AEL. Using a real programming language is
considerably easier, faster and more powerful, all the necessary tools
already exist and most importantly, execution is significantly faster.
In my case, after rewriting my dialplan in Python, call preparation time
fell from 2.5 seconds to a mere 50 milliseconds.