[asterisk-dev] [BOUNTY] Confbridge feature

Jaco Kroon jaco at uls.co.za
Wed Mar 11 03:13:00 CDT 2020

Hi,

Please see below.

Kind Regards,
Jaco Kroon
C.E.O.

*T:* +27 (0)12 021 0000 | *F:* +27 86 648 8561 | *E:* jaco at iewc.co.za
*W:* iewc.co.za <https://www.iewc.co.za/> | *A:* Unit 201, Building 2B,
Sunwood Park, Queen's Crescent Lynnwood, Pretoria

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Interexcel/> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/Interexcel/> Google+
<https://plus.google.com/+InterexcelCoZaPTA/posts> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/interexcel-world-connection/>

IEWC <https://www.iewc.co.za/> ULS Group <http://www.uls.co.za/>

On 2020/03/11 09:44, John T. Bittner wrote:

> Hi Jaco,
>

> Channel: PJSIP/101&PJSIP/102
>

> In AMI that does not work, you get an error.   (unless I am doing
> something wrong ?)

Interesting.

> I am running the latest version 16.
>

> If you do Channel:  Local/101
>
> This works if 101 points to a ring group… but no video passes through.

What happens if you Answer() before Dial(...)?

In general I recommend against doing that however it seems to
periodically fix some issues, and I've seen people simply recommending
doing this as a rule ...

> For most good video door intercoms we don’t have to put them into a
> conference bridge.

This is good to know.

> A while back I found an issue with the dial app not sending video when
> sending to more than one phone.
>
> Florian Floimair helped me with a patch to fix it and now the dial app
> works great for the most part.

Good.

> With video doorbells that support early video, like the new 2N’s,
> Fanvil and  Grandstream everything works.

Good.

> Even with some units like Aiphone and CAME that do not support early
> video work by answering the call before dialing.
>

> My issue is with doorbird units and some older 2N’s, they do not
> support early video and when answering before dialing, early video is
> not passed.

I suspect you may mean here the Answer() before Dial() I mentioned above?

> We are still trying to figure out why, our work around was to use the
> conference bridge to fix this.

Ok, so you could still put into a conf bridge, and then use originate
via Local/ to get another party into the bridge perhaps?

Kind Regards,
Jaco