[asterisk-dev] [BOUNTY] Confbridge feature

C.Maj chris at PenguinPBX.com
Wed Mar 11 09:52:10 CDT 2020

On 2020-03-11 02:13, Jaco Kroon wrote:
> On 2020/03/11 09:44, John T. Bittner wrote:
>> Even with some units like Aiphone and CAME that do not support early
>> video work by answering the call before dialing.
>>
>> My issue is with doorbird units and some older 2Nā€™s, they do not
>> support early video and when answering before dialing, early video is
>> not passed.
>
> I suspect you may mean here the Answer() before Dial() I mentioned above?

You might want to slip Progress() or Ringing() and/or Wait(.2)
in just before the Answer() then Dial().

Also, branch out to this flow only for the troublesome UAs,
and track each "test" branch until it works every time.

>> We are still trying to figure out why, our work around was to use the
>> conference bridge to fix this.
>
> Ok, so you could still put into a conf bridge, and then use originate
> via Local/ to get another party into the bridge perhaps?

I agree. I configured just that in some AEL-based dial plan --
Always Be Conferencing (on Git Hub) -- so you can dynamically
set it up from your desk phone by dialing something like:

    1000#2000#3000

...which would then drop those three extensions into the
ConfBridge() with you as soon as they answer, using either
Dial() or Originate() to spool out calls to them (pure dial
plan, too -- no AMI/ARI, separate call files, etc.)

Works great with audio using PJSIP!
Video is on the TODO list...

Kind Regards,

--
šŸ¤  C. Maj, Technology Captain @ Penguin PBX Solutions
šŸ“ž USA Toll Free 1-833-PNGNPBX (1-833-764-6729)