[asterisk-dev] [BOUNTY] Confbridge feature

John T. Bittner john at xaccel.net
Wed Mar 11 02:44:00 CDT 2020

Hi Jaco,

Channel: PJSIP/101&PJSIP/102

In AMI that does not work, you get an error.   (unless I am doing something wrong ?)
I am running the latest version 16.

If you do Channel:  Local/101
This works if 101 points to a ring group... but no video passes through.

For most good video door intercoms we don't have to put them into a conference bridge.
A while back I found an issue with the dial app not sending video when sending to more than one phone.
Florian Floimair helped me with a patch to fix it and now the dial app works great for the most part.
With video doorbells that support early video, like the new 2N's, Fanvil and  Grandstream everything works.
Even with some units like Aiphone and CAME that do not support early video work by answering the call before dialing.

My issue is with doorbird units and some older 2N's, they do not support early video and when answering before dialing, early video is not passed.
We are still trying to figure out why, our work around was to use the conference bridge to fix this.

We like the conference bridge method because we use it for a few other features like streaming video out RTSP. This comes in handy when a customer want to show the video on TV's.

We just got to get the hang-up issue solved. I would rather have it be managed by the dial app then my custom app.

John Bittner
Xaccel