[asterisk-dev] Audio to/from Asterisk

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Oct 15 14:29:11 CDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 12:09 PM Seán C. McCord <ulexus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Because several people raised the issue at DevCon, I figured it may be worth mentioning this:  app_audiosocket.  I haven't submitted it mainly due to the thought that no one else would fine it interesting.  There exist other, similar ways to get audio out:  app_jack, app_unimrcp, etc.  I built this because of some special needs, and it is very convenient due to its extremely light weight.
>
> Regardless, should anyone be interested, here it is:
>
> https://github.com/CyCoreSystems/audiosocket
>
> The idea is to create a TCP socket to somewhere, pass some extremely simple metadata (a UUID), and broker audio between the channel and the socket.  It is as simple as possible.

For those who aren't aware, getting this pushed out to the -dev list
was an AstriDevCon 2018 takeaway action item with regards to interop
with web-based speech recognition APIs.  I'd love to see more
discussion and work on this topic, as I think that there stands much
to be improved in Asterisk to better interoperate with some of the
major speech recognition vendors.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Asterisk Project Lead