[asterisk-dev] Audio to/from Asterisk

Seán C. McCord ulexus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 12:09:00 CDT 2018

Because several people raised the issue at DevCon, I figured it may be
worth mentioning this:  app_audiosocket.  I haven't submitted it mainly due
to the thought that no one else would fine it interesting.  There exist
other, similar ways to get audio out:  app_jack, app_unimrcp, etc.  I built
this because of some special needs, and it is very convenient due to its
extremely light weight.

Regardless, should anyone be interested, here it is:

https://github.com/CyCoreSystems/audiosocket

The idea is to create a TCP socket to somewhere, pass some extremely simple
metadata (a UUID), and broker audio between the channel and the socket.  It
is as simple as possible.

--
Seán C McCord
CyCore Systems, Inc