[asterisk-dev] Asterisk amqp (ARI, AMI...)

Dan Jenkins dan.jenkins88 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 07:02:37 CDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Sylvain Boily <sylvainboilydroid at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Le 2017-09-05 à 23:54, Matt Fredrickson a écrit :
>
>> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Sylvain Boily
>> <sylvainboilydroid at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> We start a proof of concept based on thie review board
>>> (https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/4365/) to get all ARI messages and
>>> all
>>> AMI messages in rabbitmq instead of using a proxy like we did in Wazo
>>> (https://github.com/wazo-pbx/xivo-amid) or with an existing like
>>> https://github.com/nvisibleinc/go-ari-proxy.
>>>
>>> There is two parts. The first is the amqp resources wrote in this review
>>> board to permit to publish directly in rabbitmq. I extracted it to a
>>> specific module here: https://github.com/sboily/asterisk-amqp.
>>> And the second, i created another module to push stasis channel events
>>> and
>>> all ari events to the bus. https://github.com/sboily/aste
>>> risk-stasis-amqp.
>>> We need to add AMI too.
>>>
>>> Channels are using the routing key "stasis.channel" and ari events app
>>> are
>>> using "stasis.app".
>>>
>>> So the proof of concept works, but we would like to know the feeling of
>>> people about this feature. Would like to get it inside asterisk? We need
>>> it
>>> in Wazo and we don't want to maintain an external program to push events
>>> in
>>> rabbitmq, so we could finish it and push it to gerrit.
>>>
>>> If someone want to work with us on this feature, you're welcome, let me
>>> know
>>> ;-).
>>>
>> Hey Sylvain,
>>
>> Long time no see, hope you are doing well :-)
>>

> Yes thank you :). I'll see you at the Astricon.
>

>> Sorry for the delay on this - somehow I missed this email in the last
>> week few days here.
>>
>> This sounds like a very interesting project, and one that would be of
>> interest to the Asterisk project in general.  Feel free to push it up
>> to gerrit when you feel comfortable and we'd be glad to start
>> reviewing it.
>>

> Ok thank you, i propose to have a small intervention to give feedback from
> people at the astridevcon and after we'll push it on gerrit.
>
> Feedback from other people who develop around Asterisk is welcome. For
> example we want to push on every messages (AMI and ARI) the asterisk uuid,
> but maybe there is another interesting informations people need it.
>
> Sylvain
>

> --

This is good to see and something close to what we talked about at
astridevcon last year - Asterisk providing a means into ARI from somewhere
other than Websocket/HTTP - which would enable scaling - back then I was
talking about wanting to push in the ARI Proxy inside the project but this
seems like a good middle ground. I'll be interested to hear more and what
restrictions there are and how you'd interact with it.