[asterisk-dev] AMI/ARI versioning

Corey Farrell git at cfware.com
Thu Mar 30 18:54:17 CDT 2017

On 03/30/2017 07:14 PM, Kevin Harwell wrote:

>     [asterisk-branch-number].[minor].[patch]
>

> Actually, the proposal might be better represented as the following:
>
> [asterisk-branch-number].[major].[minor/patch]
>
> Or another way to state it:
>
> [asterisk-branch-number].[api breaking].[api non breaking]

I think it's worth referencing a previous discussion on this [1].  I
agree with Mark's idea that having the ARI/AMI major version tied to the
Asterisk branch could lead to confusion, lead people to believe that ARI
14.3.0 == Asterisk 14.3.0.

[1] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2016-November/075964.html