[asterisk-dev] ASTERISK-26145 - Task Process Issues possibly caused by HEP

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Jun 28 09:48:34 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Ross Beer <ross.beer at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am still facing a task processor issue on subm:rtp_topic-000000de, looking
> at the backtrace it looks to be related to HEP.

Sounds like you're having some good luck sleuthing :-)

> HEP is enabled by default and sends packets to 192.168.1.1:9061, shouldn't
> this be disabled by default and not enabled in Asterisk 13? It makes no
> sense to send packets if you can't be sure that a HEP server exists at the
> default server location.

I'd tend to agree with that logic.  I haven't done much work with HEP,
but if HEP is enabled by default, we should probably change that
behavior.  HEP should only be enabled if you "opt in" by setting it
up.

Just my .02.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

--