[asterisk-dev] ASTERISK-26145 - Task Process Issues possibly caused by HEP

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Jun 28 09:04:09 CDT 2016

Ross Beer wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am still facing a task processor issue on subm:rtp_topic-000000de,
> looking at the backtrace it looks to be related to HEP.
>

> HEP is enabled by default and sends packets to 192.168.1.1:9061,
> shouldn't this be disabled by default and not enabled in Asterisk 13? It
> makes no sense to send packets if you can't be sure that a HEP server
> exists at the default server location.
>

> I would be grateful if someone could take a look at this bug again to
> confirm the above.

I've already responded to your JIRA issue stating you try disabling that
to narrow down your specific problem. I'd also suggest opening a
separate issue[1] regarding HEP itself being enabled by default. It's a
reasonable expectation.

There is also no need to try to elicit immediate responses to your JIRA
issues by duplicating the information and nudging people here. All JIRA
issues are looked at and evaluated. If the result is that it's a far
reaching issue that requires discussion or notification then it is
brought onto this mailing list (or even the -users list if it's huge
enough).

Cheers,

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira

--